Monday, February 27, 2012


Oil on canvas. 5"x7"

I'm combining my two loves...painting and dogs!

Saturday, February 25, 2012


Oil on canvas. 5"x7"

We're a family of pet lovers, and I find I love painting them as well!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012


Oil on Gessobord. 10x8

This is Weston. Weston is a sweetie. He's a lovely Westie, and you can tell by his bearing that he's a proud little boy. His people say he's a talker and really likes to perform. When out walking, he's recognized as a "babe magnet." It's no wonder - he's such a handsome guy.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Alpaca Farm

Oil on canvas board. 11x14

This painting was originally painted over a year ago, during the fall. My mom had asked for this painting, but I had mislaid it, and thought that it had been painted over. I discovered it this morning while sorting through some old canvases. Sadly, it was a pretty horrible painting. I think it probably photographed better than it looked. I decided to retouch it, to see if I could salvage it. While it looks a little better than the original, it's still not great. 90% of the problem is me, the other 10% is the canvas board. I no longer use canvas board because it's so difficult to paint on.

At any rate, I was glad to find the painting because it was one that my mom was interested in.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Three Little Cupcakes

Oil on Gessobord. 5'x7"