Thursday, March 17, 2016

Simple Pleasures

 

This painting is 14x11 inches, larger than what I'm used to doing. I like working on larger canvases, but feel pretty nervous and intimidated while painting.  Perspective and composition are both weak areas for me and I think painting larger reveals that - at least I'm more aware of it.

The answer is to forge ahead and keep painting larger. I'm also going to spend more time practicing these skills. I've decided my homework is to set aside some time each day to work with pencil and paper. There is a wonderful blog, http://www.learning-to-see.co.uk/ that gives valuable information on how to improve. I often glance through it, but haven't taken the time to really dig in and do the work that Paul recommends.

So much to learn, so little time!


No comments: