Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Painting Break

I've taken a little break from painting - not by choice, of course. Having two new dogs is a bit like having a couple of monkeys in the house. Even though we've dog-proofed the joint, they still manage to get into a load of trouble. They are a handful.

In my spare moments, I've been reading blogs written by some really good artists. I located many of them through the Daily Paintworks site. There is a list of blog sites on the right side of this page.

I'm really enjoying the work of Mike Alonzo, an artist from North Carolina. He lived on the Central California coast for many years and produced some wonderful paintings of Morro Bay (one of our old stomping grounds). If you get the chance, it's well worth a visit to his blog site to see his work. http://mikealonzo.blogspot.com/

When I grow up, I want to paint like Mike.

No comments: