Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hope


Click here to bid

I made an effort to squint when painting this. I realized that I usually squint when looking at my subject, but once I transfer my gaze to the canvas, I open my eyes...this time I squinted throughout the painting process. I kind of like how this one turned out.

Our son-in-law's brother was scheduled for surgery on Wednesday morning. On Tuesday evening, he received a call from UCLA Medical Center that his surgery was cancelled. His insurance company was denying payment. How does that happen after initial preauthorization approval? It's a tangled knot, and after a conference call, they (insurance company) said they will make a decision today...so once again, Dan is waiting. He will either have surgery at UCLA, or will need to go to OHSU. Time is of the essence, so we are waiting and hoping for the best.

No comments: