Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bella


This is sweet Bella, my daughter's family's dog. She is the kindest, gentlest, most patient dog I've ever met. We all love Bella.

I've been having lots of problems with computer-type stuff. First, we lost our wireless connection...apparently I need a new router. Secondly, Blogger changed its format and I can't edit my blogs. It's extremely frustrating.

Next week I'll be in Boise on business. Since I can't take my painting stuff, I'll spend the week working on my new website, SueHarrell.com. It's up, but currently it only has photos of my paintings. I need to add a price list, how to buy, etc. I've also talked with one of the tech-type guys at work. He's willing to teach me the fundamentals of basic Photoshop so I'll be able to tweak my photos to more accurately reflect what the paintings look like.

Really, all I want to do is paint...I'm eager to get all the details taken care of so I can get back to my easel.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy do I hear you. It sounds like you have a full plate. Don't fear Photoshop, it can do way more than I could ever figure out but what I can do I like and it is easy.

As for producing something that closer represents your art, I found that use of the Cowboy Studio "cube" to shoot pictures of your paintings works really well. It is easy and the small one is inexpensive. I wrote a short blog on it,and have a link to buy one too, check it out when you have a minute. It is on my Blog somewhere under "How to photograph your art." Made a big difference for me.

Good luck with the big changes you are going through and keep painting, I love your work. Denise

Sue Harrell said...

Thanks, Denise - and thank you for the photo info. I'm going to check out your blog right now!

Nora MacPhail said...

He's gorgeous. You'll have no problem doing this weeks DPW challenge!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Sue, you did a beautiful job with the black puppy! I love all the colors you saw and painted in her fur.

I know what you mean about computer problems, it is very frustrating ,especially when you just want to paint,

Sue Harrell said...

Thank you Nora and Carol!