Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chat

No painting to post today - I'll be going to open studio this evening to attempt to do a figure painting. I have ambivalent feelings about going. I enjoy the company of  the other painters - it's a convivial group and I always come away feeling refreshed. On the other hand...I've never completed a painting I like and always end up with a wiper. I look at it as practice. Who knows, one of these days I might surprise myself and paint something worth keeping.

I spent a little time reading "I'd Rather Be In The Studio" last night; hence, the change in my blog design. I learned that white on black is a killer to read (actually, I learned that from "Artists Helping Artists)."

I also learned that one should avoid "cutesy" - therefore, I got rid of the squiggly font. It's odd...I'm not a cutesy person at all, and I really don't like cutesy. Cutesy tends to follow me around, though, and often creeps into my writing and painting.

If my cat or dog paintings start to look cutesy, please let me know!


2 comments:

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Sue: I didn't see the blog before, but it's looking good now!

Sue Harrell said...

Thank you, Alyson! I'm finding lots of helpful information in your book - it's great!