Monday, April 2, 2012

Painting Break

I was hoping to do some painting tonight, but it feels too much like a Monday (my "get up and go" got up and went). Instead, I'll spend the evening reading. I recently bought the book, "I'd Rather Be In the Studio," by Alyson Stanfield. The book has lots of info about art marketing. I've been doing some commissioned pet paintings for friends and colleagues, and would like to expand my client base, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I think it's time to learn something about marketing. I'll be interested to see what Alyson has to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea - and good luck with the book info. Sounds like you're on the right track for sure at any rate. XXXOOO

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Sue, I have that book and it is very good. This was a reminder for me to pull it out and work on my marketing as well. Love the looseness and softness of you pet portraits!

Sue Harrell said...

I suspect that "Anonymous" is really Mom! Thanks, Mom.

Hi Carol - I'm glad to hear that you recommend the book. I've just started it and already have learned a lot. Thanks for your kinds word about the pet portraits!