Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waiting


Cats often give the impression that they're just waiting for something to happen, don't they? I imagine this kitty is waiting for that darn bird to come just a little bit closer...

I experimented with this painting using the technique for painting white that Julie Ford Oliver demonstrated on her blog. This was my first attempt and it looks like it, but I will keep practicing until I get better. Julie's white flowers were lovely. If you have a minute, be sure to check out her blog (please see blog list on the right side of this page). Julie's work is beautiful and she is very generous about sharing her techniques.

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This was an unexpected, but very nice surprise. Thanks for the plug, Sue. Very generous of you.

I love the painting and the way your color glows

Sue Harrell said...

Thanks so much, Julie! I certainly appreciate your artist notes!