Sunday, September 22, 2013

September Challenge #23



Click here to bid

I was able to complete a second painting today. That will give me a bit of a breather this week as long as I stay current and paint every evening. By being one ahead, I can post in the morning.

I painted a key lime tart this afternoon. Key lime pie is my husband's favorite dessert, but we're both trying to watch our diet, so we rarely have it. Today we went to lunch at a local bakery and these tarts were in the display case. We justified buying the tart because it seemed like a perfect subject to paint.

I spent the afternoon painting it, and then we split it for dessert! It was delicious!

3 comments:

Jacklyn Karabaich said...

Sue, Your painting of the Key Lime Tart is so beautiful, you can almost taste it! Painting from life is always a good idea.

Maga Fabler said...

Very good painting. Looks really great. Delicious :)

Lori Quarton said...

Love your tart and your sunflowers! Yes, I know what you mean...I finally got two done in one day and feel like I can now catch my breath!